Paté is a mixture of cooked meat, fat and herbs normally and usually served hot or cold. However this one contains only duck liver and wine I give a name Paté because the preparing method is the same. This food is a festive food, we usually eat it at birthdays or Christmas.
- 800 g foi gras (fat duck or goose liver)
- 500 ml duck or goose fat
- 200 ml sweet white Hungarian wine “Tokaji Aszú”
- salt, pepper
- Clean the liver, cut out the strings and the bloody parts then put the liver into the wine for 5-6 hours or latest for one night.
- Take out the liver from the wine. Heat the fat, put the liver and lay it into 100c oven for 80 minutes. You should cook the liver as many times as the liver weight is. So if the liver is 800 g you should cook it 80 minutes.
- If the liver is cooked take it out from the fat, blend it, salt it, and put the mixture into a silicon mould for one night befor you serve it.
- You can serve it with brioche, toast, with some salad, and onion sprout.